Laugh along with GNU
This is a web page designed to provide some laughs to the working hackers.
It contains software, documentation, music, poems, etc. submitted by GNU users and collected by GNU contributers over the years.
Many of the graphics in the GNU Art Gallery also have humorous twists.
Create More Laughs
Humor submissions are welcome and encouraged. Please read Humor Submission Guidelines for details about submitting content for the humor section.
Please send us, <email@example.com>, your ideas for more laughs to be added to this page and this web site!
- Suggested GCC Options
- Funny C/C++ Declarations
- C more or less
- GPL'd source code for humans
- Source code for ed :-)
- Source code for ed in BrainFuck ;-)
- Errno codes
- Error messages in Haiku
- Happy New Year in 4 languages
- Merry Christmas in 4 languages
- Long Options?
- Software Terms
- Spaghetti Code
- Unix Error Messages
- Hello World!
- GNU Emacs
- Emacs man page from Plan9
- Some humor via Twitter
- GNU Echo
- Ed, man! !man ed
- Power Users Guide
- Know your system administrator
- GNU Emacs acronym expansions
- The Gingrinch that stole congress
- The Last Bug
- Midnight Dreary
- A Networkologist's Christmas
- Only G.N.U.
The Fourth Estate
- You know you're a programmer when…
- Where is any-key??
- What does Dr. Emacs think of the GNU Manifesto?
- Top 10 reasons why Intel delayed announcing the P5
- Top 10 Unreliable Networks
- The Vaxorcist
- Virus Warning
- The Gullibility Virus
- Dead Beef?
- A Swarm of Gnats?
- Where Do Deleted Characters Go?
- 10 Kinds of People in the World
- Physical Xmodmap, or The Dvorak Typewriter Hack
- Why GNU/Linux Viruses are fairly uncommon
Science and Engineering
- A luser's interaction with rms
- Anagrams for some common words
- A war against Bugs!
- If Clinton was a tree…
- Funny Court Statements
- Foreign Signs
- FSF in German
- GNU Jive
- Lawyer jokes
- Look and Feel
- Linus Torvalds converts to Islam
- “Shit Happens!” as expressed by the religions of the world
- More Shit
- Shit Happens Contd
- Smileys :-)
- Spilling Checker
- Santa Claus comes to town
- Top 10 Election 2000 Bumper Stickers
- The Wolf Logo
- Some Filks
- LaughLab — Including the “the world's funniest joke”!
- How many GNU/Linux users are needed to change a light bulb?
Much of the material on this page (and linked to from it) was obtained from the FSF's email archives of the GNU Project.
The Free Software Foundation claims no copyrights on these. And we'll end this page with a perfect Disclaimer!
Humor Submission Guidelines
Our policy for the humor page is that we will include something if all of these are true:
- It should be funny.
- It has no copyright problems.
- It is not libelous.
- It won't offend most ordinary hackers more than is reasonable in humor.
- The humor does not have to be computer-related.