Dieses Werk ist eine Übersetzung aus dem Englischen.
Was gibt’s Neues beim GNU-Projekt
Kommende Veranstaltungen | Aktuelles von GNU/der FSF | Presseinformationen und -mitteilungen
- If your school is committed to Free Software then we want to hear from you
so that we can list it. Has your school migrated to GNU/Linux, or has your
school adopted the firm policy of rejecting proprietary software? If so,
contact the webmasters at email@example.com to let us know.
- The FSF is searching for people who can help to port gNewSense to the Lemote
laptop, a MIPS-based system. If you can help please contact info (at)
fsf.org or Richard Stallman: rms (at) gnu.org .
Thank you SGI for freeing
the GNU/Linux 3d desktop!
- French citizens -- Hadopi plans to adopt a law, ‚Loi Creation et
Internet‘, which would punish people who fail to ‚respect‘
copyright on the Internet. Numerama presents ten
reasons to reject this law.
- The FSF is taking nominations for its two annual awards, the Award for the
Advancement of Free Software and the Award for Projects of Social
Benefit. Submit your
nominations for the 2008 Free Software Awards -- Nominations are
requested by 31 October 2008.
- The FSF has published an article revealing the restrictions Apple is using
to block GPLv3-covered software from its iPhone platform, to prevent users
from sharing and modifying free software on their portable computers. Please
and share the article with your friends, family, colleagues and
- Read and share these 5
reasons to avoid iPhone 3G with friends, family and coworkers. The
iPhone’s DRM prevents free software from being run on it at all, and
gives Apple the authority to determine what can legally be installed by
anyone on their own mobile computer.
- Fight the
- Take action on ACTA -- the
Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement.
- The Free Software Foundation (FSF) has marked a milestone in their
PlayOgg.org campaign with the announcement that National Public Radio (NPR)
news station WBUR Boston has begun worldwide webcasting in the free audio
format Ogg Vorbis. The WBUR stream is available at http://www.wbur.org/listen/, or you
can go directly to http://audio.wbur.org/stream/live_ogg.m3u.
- GNU has applied to be an organization in Google’s Summer of Code 2008
program. If you’d like to participate, as a mentor, a student, or in
any other way, please see the SoC project suggestions so far
and the additional SoC
- We’re in the closing days of our winter fundraising drive. We need 70
more members to reach our goal of 500 by the end of the month. Join today, and help spread the word by
adding our fundraising
widget to your blog or web site!
Neues aus den Vorjahren