3.1 Invoking gnuchess
The format for running the gnuchess program is:
gnuchess option ...
With no options, gnuchess starts in interactive mode and
it is ready to start a chess game.
gnuchess supports the following options:
- Print an informative help message on standard output and exit
- Print the version number and licensing information of Hello on
standard output and then exit successfully.
- Make the program silent on startup.
- Start the program in xboard mode, i.e. as an xboard engine. This is
typically used for using the program as backend of other chess GUI
such as XBoard.
Option xboard is accepted without leading dashes for backward
- Start up showing thinking.
Option post is accepted without leading dashes for backward
- Disable thinking. in opponent's time. By default, the program runs in
hard mode, i.e. it thinks opponent's time to think too.
- Enable manual mode.
- Enable UCI protocol (externally behave as UCI engine).
- --memory size
- -M size
- Specify memory usage in MB for hashtable.