3.15.3 Return Value
The value returned by the
val program depends on the outcome of
the validation as follows :-
- Validation succeeded. No problems were detected. A small number of
potential problems may exist without causing a non-zero return value;
see Validation Warnings, for more information.
- The -m option was used but the module name did not match.
- The -y option was used but the module type did not match.
- The -r option was used but the specified SID was ambiguous, or
not present in the history file.
- The -r option was used but the specified SID was invalid.
- Either the named file could not be opened, or it is not an sccs
- The history file is corrupt.
- An invalid option letter was used on the command line.
- One of the files named on the command line was not present.