.NET Functionality And More
The mission of the DotGNU project is to provide:
More information will be added here soon. For now, please refer to the
- A language independent platform supporting many popular programming
languages including C, C#, Java, Perl, Python, PHP.
- Compatability with .NET
- An operating-system independent platform (akin to Java)
- Support for webservices in a manner that avoids the issues of
Free Software ethics that would otherwise arise with Application
- A decentralized network paradigm.
- A system that truly belongs to the developers, not to
some profit-oriented monopolistic company. We want compatibility
with .NET for practical reasons, but otherwise the contributing
developers determine what the system will be like. This is our
What exactly is .NET?
For Microsoft Inc., .NET really is not primarily about technology,
rather it is a marketing strategy that is directed against the Java
system of Sun Microsystems, and also against the GNU/Linux system.
Please read the article "DotGNU - Keeping You from Getting Tangled in a Net!".
Your comments please...
You are invited to add your comments concerning this
at the appropriate
page of the DotGNU Wiki