1.2 Contributors to Eshell
Contributions to Eshell are welcome. I have limited time to work on
this project, but I will gladly add any code you contribute to me to
The following persons have made contributions to Eshell.
- John Wiegley is the original author of Eshell.
- Eli Zaretskii made it possible for Eshell to run without requiring
asynchronous subprocess support. This is important for MS-DOS, which
does not have such support.
- Miles Bader contributed many fixes during the port to Emacs 21.
- Stefan Monnier fixed the things which bothered him, which of course made
things better for all.
- Gerd Moellmann also helped to contribute bug fixes during the initial
integration with Emacs 21.
- Alex Schroeder contributed code for interactively querying the user
before overwriting files.
Apart from these, a lot of people have sent suggestions, ideas,
requests, bug reports and encouragement. Thanks a lot! Without you
there would be no new releases of Eshell.