3.1.3 Summary Buffer Mode Line
You can also change the format of the summary mode bar (see Mode Line Formatting). Set
gnus-summary-mode-line-format to whatever you
like. The default is ‘Gnus: %%b [%A] %Z’.
Here are the elements you can play with:
- Group name.
- Unprefixed group name.
- Current article number.
- Current article score.
- Gnus version.
- Number of unread articles in this group.
- Number of unread articles in this group that aren't displayed in the
- A string with the number of unread and unselected articles represented
either as ‘<%U(+%e) more>’ if there are both unread and unselected
articles, and just as ‘<%U more>’ if there are just unread articles
and no unselected ones.
- Shortish group name. For instance, ‘rec.arts.anime’ will be
shortened to ‘r.a.anime’.
- Subject of the current article.
- User-defined spec (see User-Defined Specs).
- Name of the current score file (see Scoring).
- Number of dormant articles (see Unread Articles).
- Number of ticked articles (see Unread Articles).
- Number of articles that have been marked as read in this session.
- Number of articles expunged by the score files.