The main contributors to the IDLWAVE package have been:
- Chris Chase, the original author.
Chris wrote idl.el and idl-shell.el and maintained them
for several years.
- Carsten Dominik was in charge
of the package from version 3.0, during which time he overhauled almost
everything, modernized IDLWAVE with many new features, and developed the
- J.D. Smith, the current
maintainer, as of version 4.10, helped shape object method completion
and most new features introduced in versions 4.x, and introduced many
new features for IDLWAVE versions 5.x and 6.x.
The following people have also contributed to the development of IDLWAVE
with patches, ideas, bug reports and suggestions.
- Ulrik Dickow <dickow__at__nbi.dk>
- Eric E. Dors <edors__at__lanl.gov>
- Stein Vidar H. Haugan <s.v.h.haugan__at__astro.uio.no>
- David Huenemoerder <dph__at__space.mit.edu>
- Kevin Ivory <Kevin.Ivory__at__linmpi.mpg.de>
- Dick Jackson <dick__at__d-jackson.com>
- Xuyong Liu <liu__at__stsci.edu>
- Simon Marshall <Simon.Marshall__at__esrin.esa.it>
- Craig Markwardt <craigm__at__cow.physics.wisc.edu>
- Laurent Mugnier <mugnier__at__onera.fr>
- Lubos Pochman <lubos__at__rsinc.com>
- Bob Portmann <portmann__at__al.noaa.gov>
- Patrick M. Ryan <pat__at__jaameri.gsfc.nasa.gov>
- Marty Ryba <ryba__at__ll.mit.edu>
- Phil Williams <williams__at__irc.chmcc.org>
- Phil Sterne <sterne__at__dublin.llnl.gov>
- Paul Sorenson <aardvark62__at__msn.com>
Doug Dirks was instrumental in providing the crucial IDL XML catalog to
support HTML help with IDL v6.2 and later, and Ali Bahrami provided
scripts and documentation to interface with the IDL Assistant.
Thanks to everyone!