20 Miscellaneous Commands, Variables, and Buffers
This chapter covers the following command and the various MH-E
- Display version information about MH-E and the MH mail handling
One command worth noting is M-x mh-version. You can compare the
version this command prints to the latest release (see Getting MH-E). The output of M-x mh-version, found in a buffer named
‘*MH-E Info*’, should usually be included with any bug report you
submit (see Bug Reports).
Besides the MH-Folder, MH-Show, and MH-Letter buffers, MH-E creates
several other buffers. They are:
- ‘*MH-E Folders*’
- This buffer contains the output of F l (
- ‘*MH-E Help*’
- This buffer contains the output of ? (
C-c ? in MH-Letter mode. See Using This Manual.
- ‘*MH-E Info*’
- This buffer contains the output of M-x mh-version <RET>.
- ‘*MH-E Log*’
- This buffer contains the last 100 lines of the output of the various
- ‘*MH-E Mail Delivery*’
- This buffer contains the transcript of a mail delivery. See Sending Message.
- ‘*MH-E Recipients*’
- This buffer contains the output of C-c C-w
mh-check-whom) and is killed when draft is sent.
See Checking Recipients.
- ‘*MH-E Sequences*’
- This buffer contains the output of S l
mh-list-sequences). See Sequences.
- This is a scratch, ephemeral, buffer used by MH-E functions. Note that
it is hidden because the first character in the name is a space.
You'll generally not have any need for this buffer.