3.2 Tag handling
A tag represents an individual item found in a buffer, such as a
function or variable. Tag handling is handled in several source
- Basic tag creation, queries, cloning, binding, and unbinding.
- Write a tag or tag list to a stream. These routines are used by
semanticdb-file.el when saving a list of tags.
- Files associated with tags. Goto-tag, file for include, and file for
- Language dependent features of a tag, such as parent calculation, slot
protection, and other states like abstract, virtual, static, and leaf.
- Include file handling. Contains the include path concepts, and
routines for looking up file names in the include path.
- Convert a tag into a nicely formatted and colored string. Use
semantic-test-all-format-tag-functions to test different output
- Find tags matching different conditions in a tag table.
These routines are used by semanticdb-find.el once the database
has been converted into a simpler tag table.
- Sorting lists of tags in different ways. Includes sorting a plain
list of tags forward or backward. Includes binning tags based on
attributes (bucketize), and tag adoption for multiple references to
the same thing.
- Capture documentation comments from near a tag.