5 Template Writing
srecode-template-mode is the major mode used for designing new
templates. SRecode files (Extension .srt) are made up of
variable settings and template declarations.
Here is an overview of the terminology you will need for the next few
- template file
- A file with a .srt extension which contains settings,
variables, and templates.
- One named entity which represents a block of text that will be
inserted. The text is compiled into a sequence of insertable
entities. The entities are string constants, and macros.
- A macro is a text sequence within template text that is replaced with
some other value.
- A table of variable names and values.
- A dictionary that is subordinate under another dictionary as a value
to some variable.
- A variable is an entry in a dictionary which has a value.