4.8 Emacs Related Commands
- Begin Meta command in Vi or Insert states. Most often used as C-\ x (M-x).
Note: Emacs binds C-\ to a function that offers to change the
keyboard input method in the multilingual environment. Viper overrides this
binding. However, it is still possible to switch the input method by typing
\ C-\ in the Vi command state and C-z \ C-\ in the Insert state.
Or you can use the MULE menu on the menubar.
- In Insert and Replace states, prepare Viper to accept the next command and
execute it as if Viper was in Vi state. Then return to Insert state.
In Vi state, switch to Emacs state; in Emacs state, switch to Vi state.
- C-c \
- Switches to Vi state for the duration of a single command. Then goes back
to the original Viper state. Works from Vi, Insert, Replace, and Emacs states.
- Close Window
- Close Other Windows
- Split Window
- Move among windows
- Emacs find-file, useful in Insert state
- Put back the last killed text. Similar to Vi's p, but also works in
Insert and Replace state. This command doesn't work in Vi command state,
since this binding is taken for something else.
- Undoes the last C-y and puts another kill from the kill ring.
Using this command, you can try may different kills until you find the one