8.1.4 Debug Options
The ‘-D’ option makes
find produce diagnostic output.
Much of the information is useful only for diagnosing problems, and so
most people will not find this option helpful.
The list of debug options should be comma separated. Compatibility of
the debug options is not guaranteed between releases of findutils.
For a complete list of valid debug options, see the output of
find -D help. Valid debug options include:
- Explain the debugging options.
- Show the expression tree in its original and optimised form.
- Print messages as files are examined with the stat and lstat system
calls. The find program tries to minimise such calls.
- Prints diagnostic information relating to the optimisation of the
expression tree; see the ‘-O’ option.
- Prints a summary indicating how often each predicate succeeded or