8 March 2016
GNU Foliot version 0.9.6-alpha is
Special Note: Before GNU Foliot became a GNU
package, it was named Kisê. The change of name has implied thousands
of source code, manual and web-pages changes.
The application is quite robust, with respect to the implemented
functionality as in version 0.9.5, but the huge quantity of source code changes
is, in itlself, error prone, hence an alpha release.
Here is a summary of the changes since version 0.9.5. See GNU
Foliot's git summary and git log for a complete description:
- known bugs have been fixed, see org/kise-bugs.org if your are
- automatic schema migration from kise -> foliot has been
implemented; opening and re-importing dabatase(s) always trigger a schema check and
upgrade automatically if necessary.
Because of the above, we strongly recommend you make a backup of your
database(s), if you were a Kisê user of course: you can never be too
- list-store duration now rendered as text: this is to paliate a gtk2
list store spin button rendering bug.
Note that the documentation still is a mock-up, but:
- all reviewed for the new name of course, and sync with
web-pages with repect to dependencies and installation procedure.
- GNU Foliot's web-pages have been entirely
rewritten using sxml.