Freetalk is a freely available console based Jabber client-cum-bot.
It has many features, but to highlight,
- Highly extensible through ‘Scheme’ language.
(see Customization) (see Extension language)
- Console based client with Readline interface featuring command line
editing, history, context sensitive autocompletion etc … (see Tips and Tricks).
- Most of the features in Freetalk are fully customizable, either
through command line arguments (see Invoking), or startup file
- With a new concept called ‘dynamic-commands’, a command can
appear and disappear dynamically, based on the context.
history feature records all your conversions in
- Finally, Freetalk is free software. This means that everyone may use
it, redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU
General Public License, as published by the Free Software Foundation
(see Freetalk License)