GNU FTPsync is a shell tool for syncronizing a local file or directory with a file or directory on an ftp-server. The idea is similar to rsync but uses the ftp-protocol.
Downloading GNU FTPsync
GNU FTPsync can be found on the main GNU ftp server: http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/ftpsync/ (via HTTP) and ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/ftpsync/ (via FTP). It can also be found on the GNU mirrors; please use a mirror if possible.
Community maintained packages:
Documentation for GNU FTPsync is available online, as is documentation for most GNU software. You may also find more information about GNU FTPsync by running man ftpsync, or by looking at /usr/doc/ftpsync/, /usr/local/doc/ftpsync/, or similar directories on your system. A brief summary is available by running ftpsync --help.
The discussion list <email@example.com>, is used to discuss development and enhancement requests, as well as bug reports. Your bug report should always include:
- The output of ftpsync --version. If you are not running the latest released version you should specify why you believe the problem is not fixed in that version.
- A complete example that others can run that shows the problem.
Development of GNU FTPsync and GNU in general, is a volunteer effort, and you can contribute. For information, please read How to help GNU. If you'd like to get involved, it's a good idea to join the discussion mailing list (see above).
- Test releases
- Trying the latest test release (when available) is always appreciated. Test releases of GNU FTPsync can be found at http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/ftpsync/ (via HTTP) and ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/ftpsync/ (via FTP).
- For development sources, bug and patch trackers, and other information, please see the GNU FTPsync project page at savannah.gnu.org.
- GNU FTPsync is currently being maintained by Ole Tange (http://ole.tange.dk). Please use the mailing lists for contact.
GNU FTPsync is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.