Appendix M Error Codes
Gcal produces the following exit codes:
- Request for help screen, software license or program version (adjustable).
- Invalid command line argument / option.
- Year out of range for computing the Easter Sunday's date.
- Virtual memory exhausted.
- Invalid date part in resource file or in include file.
- Invalid month field entry in resource file or in include file.
- Invalid day field entry in resource file or in include file.
- Malformed #include statement in resource file or in include file.
- Illegal recursive/cyclic #include statement in resource file
or in include file.
- Resource file or include file not found.
- Invalid n'th weekday field (only
- Missing whitespace separator character between date part
and text part.
- Response file respectively shell script cannot be written.
- Invalid date variable operation.
- Referenced date variable undefined.
- Invalid date value assigned to date variable.
- Sending output to eMail address failed.
- Internal error, C function pipe(), fork(), exec*() or unlink() failed.
- Error reading resource, include respectively response file.
- Illegal character found in response file.
- Internal error, invalid value for the size of an internal table occurred.
- Invalid date format text specified.
- Invalid text variable definition.
- Invalid regular expression search pattern specified.
- Program aborted by signal.
- Exit code not equal zero returned by external command.
- Activated -c|C,
-f|F name[+...] or
-# line option caused no output of resource file entries.
- Normal program termination.