Appendix F gnats support
The gnats home page is located at
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnats. It contains all the
important references to the available information about gnats and
the related software.
There is also a special page dedicated to the gnats development
There are several gnats mailing lists. The most important ones
- Announcements and other important information about gnats and the
related software. This is a very low volume moderated list.
- The bug reporting mailing list on the gnats itself. Please note
that the preferred way to report gnats bugs is to submit them via
the web interface at
http://bugs.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?database=gnats. New bug
reports submitted via the web interface are copied to the mailing list
- General discussion about gnats. Anything related to gnats
(user questions, development, suggestions, etc.) can be discussed
The complete list of gnats related mailing lists is available
from the web page at http://savannah.gnu.org/project/gnats.
When you report problems concerning gnats itself, please do not
forget to provide especially the following information:
- The gnats version you are using.
- The exact way how to reproduce the bug.
- Your configuration.
- If you encounter a compilation or build problem, it is especially
important to mention the operating system, compiler and possibly other
build utilities you use.
Providing this information in the initial report avoids further
unnecessary communication, saves our limited development resources and
helps to track down and fix the problem soon.