Gnulib module: ptsname
Portability problems fixed by Gnulib:
- This function is missing on some platforms:
Mac OS X 10.3, OpenBSD 3.8, Minix 3.1.8, mingw, MSVC 14, BeOS.
- This function fails to set errno on failure on some platforms:
Portability problems not fixed by Gnulib:
- This function is not declared on some platforms:
- On Solaris 11 2010-11, this function fails on all BSD-style /dev/pty*
- This function is not thread-safe on some platforms:
Likewise, the gnulib replacement is not thread-safe.
Note that the Gnulib module
ptsname_r is a version of this
function that is more likely to be thread-safe.