39.15 References and Further Reading
The MINPACK algorithm is described in the following article,
- J.J. Moré, The Levenberg-Marquardt Algorithm: Implementation and
Theory, Lecture Notes in Mathematics, v630 (1978), ed G. Watson.
lmniel algorithm closely follows the following publications,
- H. B. Nielsen, “Damping Parameter in Marquardt’s Method”,
IMM Department of Mathematical Modeling, DTU, Tech. Report IMM-REP-1999-05
- K. Madsen and H. B. Nielsen, “Introduction to Optimization and Data
Fitting”, IMM Department of Mathematical Modeling, DTU, 2010.
The following publications are also relevant to the algorithms described
in this section,
- J. E. Dennis and R. B. Schnabel, Numerical Methods for Unconstrained
Optimization and Nonlinear Equations, SIAM, 1996.
- J.J. Moré, B.S. Garbow, K.E. Hillstrom, “Testing Unconstrained
Optimization Software”, ACM Transactions on Mathematical Software, Vol
7, No 1 (1981), p 17–41.
- H. B. Nielsen, “UCTP Test Problems for Unconstrained Optimization”,
IMM Department of Mathematical Modeling, DTU, Tech. Report IMM-REP-2000-17