The GNU Hurd project will participate in this year's Google Summer of Code, under the aegis of the GNU project.
The following is a list of items you might want to work on. If you want to modify or extend these tasks or have your own ideas what to work on, please feel invited to contact us on the bug-hurd mailing list or the #hurd IRC channel.
- Make GNU Mach use more up to date device drivers.
- Work on GNU Mach's IPC / VM system.
- Design and implement a sound system.
- Transition the Hurd libraries and servers from cthreads to pthreads.
- Find and implement a reasonable way to make the Hurd servers use syslog.
- Design and implement libchannel, a library for streams.
- Rewrite pfinet, our interface to the IPv4 world.
- Implement and make the Hurd properly use extended attributes.
- Design / implement / enhance support for the...
Please see the page GNU guidelines for Summer of Code projects about how to make an application and Summer of Code project ideas list for a list of tasks for various GNU projects and information about about how to submit your own ideas for tasks.