The GNU Hurd project will participate in this year's Google Summer of Code, under the aegis of the GNU project.
The following is a list of items you might want to work on. If you want to modify these task proposals or have your own ideas on what to work, then please don't hesitate to contact us on the bug-hurd mailing list or the #hurd IRC channel.
- Design and implement libchannel, a library for streams.
- Rewrite pfinet, our interface to the IPv4 world; create a pfinet6 to interface to the IPv6 world.
- Make GNU Mach use more up to date device drivers.
- Design and implement a sound system.
- Introduce the world of the Andrew File System (AFS) to the Hurd.
- Work on enhancing our NFS client and NFSd.
- Implement support for Logical Volume Management (LVM).
Please see the page GNU guidelines for Summer of Code projects about how to make an application and Summer of Code project ideas list for a list of tasks for various GNU projects and information about about how to submit your own ideas for tasks.