The entire collection of attributes of a terminal is stored in a
structure of type
struct termios. This structure is used
with the functions
tcsetattr to read
and set the attributes.
Structure that records all the I/O attributes of a terminal. The structure includes at least the following members:
- A bit mask specifying flags for input modes; see Input Modes.
- A bit mask specifying flags for output modes; see Output Modes.
- A bit mask specifying flags for control modes; see Control Modes.
- A bit mask specifying flags for local modes; see Local Modes.
- An array specifying which characters are associated with various control functions; see Special Characters.
struct termiosstructure also contains members which encode input and output transmission speeds, but the representation is not specified. See Line Speed, for how to examine and store the speed values.
The following sections describe the details of the members of the
struct termios structure.
This is an unsigned integer type used to represent the various bit masks for terminal flags.
This is an unsigned integer type used to represent characters associated with various terminal control functions.