This library might have a couple of advantages over other libraries
doing a similar job.
- It's Free Software
- Anybody can use, modify, and redistribute it under the terms of a free
- It's thread-safe
- No global state is kept in the library. All functions are re-entrant.
- It's portable
- The code is intended to be written in pure ANSI C89. It has been
tested on many Unix like operating systems, and Windows.
- It's modularized
- The library is composed of several modules, and the only interaction
between modules is through each modules' public API. If you only need
one piece of functionality, it is possible to take the files you need
and incorporate them into your own project.
- It's not bloated
- The design of the library is based on the smallest API necessary to
implement the basic functionality. It has been carefully extended
with a small number of high-level wrappers to make it comfortable to
use the library. However, it does not implement additional
functionality just for the sake of completeness.
- It's documented
- Sadly, not all software comes with documentation these days. This one