The complete history of user visible changes is stored in the file
NEWS in the top-level directory of the source code tree. The
complete history of modifications to each file is stored in the file
ChangeLog in the same directory. This section contain a
condensed version of that information, in the form of “milestones”
for the project.
- Stringprep implementation.
- Version 0.0.0 released on 2002-11-05.
- IDNA and Punycode implementations, part of the GNU project.
- Version 0.1.0 released on 2003-01-05.
- Uses official IDNA ACE prefix
- Version 0.1.7 released on 2003-02-12.
- Command line interface.
- Version 0.1.11 released on 2003-02-26.
- GNU Libc add-on proposed.
- Version 0.1.12 released on 2003-03-06.
- Interoperability testing during IDNConnect.
- Version 0.3.1 released on 2003-10-02.
- TLD restriction testing.
- Version 0.4.0 released on 2004-02-28.
- GNU Libc add-on integrated.
- Version 0.4.1 released on 2004-03-08.
- Native Java implementation.
- Version 0.4.2-0.4.9 released between 2004-03-20 and 2004-06-11.
- PR-29 functions for “problem sequences”.
- Version 0.5.0 released on 2004-06-26.
- Many small portability fixes and wider use.
- Version 0.5.1 through 0.5.20, released between 2004-07-09 and
- Native C# implementation.
- Version 0.6.0 released on 2005-12-03.
- Windows support through cross-compilation.
- Version 0.6.1 released on 2006-01-20.
- Library declared stable by releasing v1.0.
- Version 1.0 released on 2007-07-31.