11.12 Organization of Functions Distributed with Octave
Many of Octave's standard functions are distributed as function files.
They are loosely organized by topic, in subdirectories of
octave-home/lib/octave/version/m, to make it easier
to find them.
The following is a list of all the function file subdirectories, and the
types of functions you will find there.
- Functions for playing and recording sounds.
- Out-of-date functions which will eventually be removed from Octave.
- Elementary functions, principally trigonometric.
- Class functions for the FTP object.
- Miscellaneous matrix manipulations, like
triu, as well as other basic functions, like
- Functions related to Delaunay triangulation.
- Functions for Octave's built-in help system.
- Image processing tools. These functions require the X Window System.
- Input-output functions.
- Functions for linear algebra.
- Functions that don't really belong anywhere else.
- Functions related to minimization, optimization, and root finding.
- Functions to manage the directory path Octave uses to find functions.
- Package manager for installing external packages of functions in Octave.
- Functions for displaying and printing two- and three-dimensional graphs.
- Functions for manipulating polynomials.
- Functions implementing user-defined preferences.
- Functions for creating and manipulating sets of unique values.
- Functions for signal processing applications.
- Functions for handling sparse matrices.
- Special functions such as
- Functions that create special matrix forms such as Hilbert or Vandermonde
- Octave's system-wide startup file.
- Statistical functions.
- Miscellaneous string-handling functions.
- Functions for performing unit tests on other functions.
- Functions related to time and date processing.