7.4 Arithmetic Operators
The arithmetic operators take numeric operands and produce numeric
- Yields the sum of a and b.
- Subtracts b from a and yields the difference.
- Yields the product of a and b. If either a or
b is 0, then the result is 0, even if the other operand is
- Divides a by b and yields the quotient. If a is 0,
then the result is 0, even if b is missing. If b is zero,
the result is system-missing.
- Yields the result of raising a to the power b. If
a is negative and b is not an integer, the result is
system-missing. The result of
0**0 is system-missing as well.
- Reverses the sign of a.