DISPLAY displays requested information on variables. Variables can
optionally be sorted alphabetically. The entire dictionary or just
specified variables can be described.
One of the following keywords can be present:
- The variables' names are displayed.
- The variables' names are displayed along with a value describing their
position within the active file dictionary.
- Variable names, positions, and variable labels are displayed.
- Variable names, positions, print and write formats, and missing values
- Variable names, positions, print and write formats, missing values,
variable labels, and value labels are displayed.
- Varible names are displayed, for scratch variables only (see Scratch Variables).
If SORTED is specified, then the variables are displayed in ascending
order based on their names; otherwise, they are displayed in the order
that they occur in the active file dictionary.