22 Environment Variables
- Number of columns on the terminal (overrides termcap entry).
- Directory in which to look for .screenrc.
- Number of lines on the terminal (overrides termcap entry).
- Screen lock program.
- Turns on
- Used for locating programs to run.
- For customizing a terminal's
- Alternate socket directory.
- Alternate user screenrc file.
- Default shell program for opening windows (default /bin/sh).
- Alternate socket name. If
screen is invoked, and the environment variable
STY is set, then it creates only a window in the running
session rather than starting a new session.
- Alternate system screenrc file.
- Terminal name.
- Terminal description.
- Window number of a window (at creation time).