1.73.5 FileDescriptor: basic
- Perform error checking. By default, we call
- Close the file
- Answer the whole contents of the file
- copyFrom: from to: to
- Answer the contents of the file between the two given positions
- Close the file if it is still open by the time the object becomes
- Invalidate a file descriptor
- Return the next character in the file, or nil at eof
- Return the next byte in the file, or nil at eof
- nextPut: aCharacter
- Store aCharacter on the file
- nextPutByteArray: aByteArray
- Store aByteArray on the file
- Returns the next element of the stream without moving the pointer.
Returns nil when at end of stream.
- peekFor: anObject
- Returns whether the next element of the stream is equal to anObject,
without moving the pointer if it is not.
- Answer the zero-based position from the start of the file
- position: n
- Set the file pointer to the zero-based position n
- Reset the stream to its beginning
- Close the transmission side of a full-duplex connection. This is useful
on read-write pipes.
- Return the current size of the file, in bytes
- Truncate the file at the current position