1.119.9 Number: misc math
- Answer the absolute value of the receiver
- Answer the arc cosine of the receiver
- Answer the hyperbolic arc-cosine of the receiver.
- Answer the arc sine of the receiver
- Answer the hyperbolic arc-sine of the receiver.
- Answer the arc tangent of the receiver
- arcTan: x
- Answer the angle (measured counterclockwise) between (x, self) and
a ray starting in (0, 0) and moving towards (1, 0) - i.e. 3 o'clock
- Answer the hyperbolic arc-tangent of the receiver.
- ceilingLog: radix
- Answer (self log: radix) ceiling. Optimized to answer an integer.
- Answer the cosine of the receiver
- Answer the hyperbolic cosine of the receiver.
- Answer an estimate of (self abs floorLog: 10). This method
should be overridden by subclasses, but Number's implementation
does not raise errors - simply, it gives a correct result, so
it is slow.
- Answer e raised to the receiver
- floorLog: radix
- Answer (self log: radix) floor. Optimized to answer an integer.
- Answer log base e of the receiver
- Answer log base 10 of the receiver
- log: aNumber
- Answer log base aNumber of the receiver
- Answer the negated of the receiver
- positiveDifference: aNumber
- Answer the positive difference of the receiver and
aNumber, that is self - aNumber if it is positive,
- raisedTo: aNumber
- Return self raised to aNumber power
- raisedToInteger: anInteger
- Return self raised to the anInteger-th power
- Answer the sine of the receiver
- Answer the hyperbolic sine of the receiver.
- Answer the square root of the receiver
- Answer the square of the receiver
- Answer the tangent of the receiver
- Answer the hyperbolic tangent of the receiver.
- withSignOf: aNumber
- Answer the receiver, with its sign possibly changed to match
that of aNumber.