3.10 Other packages
Various other “minor” packages are provided, typically as examples of
writing modules for gnu Smalltalk (see Linking your libraries to the virtual machine). These include:
- which adds transparent operations with complex numbers
- which is an interface to the gnu database manager
- which provides two easy to use classes to quickly compute
cryptographically strong hash values using the MD5 and SHA1
- which provides bindings to ncurses
- which provides more examples and tests for continuations (an
advanced feature to support complex control flow).
- which provides a way to attach to another Smalltalk process
and execute it a bytecode or a method at a time.