11.1 CMail options
- Displays cmail usage information.
- Shows the conditions of the GNU General Public License.
- Shows the warranty notice of the GNU General Public License.
- Provides or inhibits verbose output from cmail and XBoard,
useful for debugging. The
form also inhibits the cmail introduction message.
- Invokes or inhibits the sending of a mail message containing the move.
- Invokes or inhibits the running of XBoard on the game file.
- Invokes or inhibits the reuse of an existing XBoard to display the
- Resends the last mail message for that game. This inhibits running
- -game <name>
- The name of the game to be processed.
- -wgames <number>
- -bgames <number>
- -games <number>
- Number of games to start as White, as Black or in total. Default is 1 as
white and none as black. If only one color is specified then none of the
other color is assumed. If no color is specified then equal numbers of
White and Black games are started, with the extra game being as White if an
odd number of total games is specified.
- -me <short name>
- -opp <short name>
- A one-word alias for yourself or your opponent.
- -wname <full name>
- -bname <full name>
- -myname <full name>
- -oppname <full name>
- The full name of White, Black, yourself or your opponent.
- -wna <net address>
- -bna <net address>
- -na <net address>
- -oppna <net address>
- The email address of White, Black, yourself or your opponent.
- -dir <directory>
- The directory in which cmail keeps its files. This defaults to the
$CMAIL_DIR or failing that,
$HOME/Chess or ~/Chess. It will be created if it does not exist.
- -arcdir <directory>
- The directory in which cmail archives completed games. Defaults to
the environment variable
$CMAIL_ARCDIR or, in its absence, the same
directory as cmail keeps its working files (above).
- -mailprog <mail program>
- The program used by cmail to send email messages. This defaults to the
$CMAIL_MAILPROG or failing that
/usr/ucb/Mail, /usr/ucb/mail or Mail. You will need
to set this variable if none of the above paths fit your system.
- -logFile <file>
- A file in which to dump verbose debugging messages that are invoked with
- -event <event>
- The PGN Event tag (default ‘Email correspondence game’).
- -site <site>
- The PGN Site tag (default ‘NET’).
- -round <round>
- The PGN Round tag (default ‘-’, not applicable).
- -mode <mode>
- The PGN Mode tag (default ‘EM’, Electronic Mail).
- Other options
- Any option flags not listed above are passed through to XBoard.
Invoking XBoard through CMail changes the default values of two XBoard
options: The default value for ‘-noChessProgram’ is changed to
true; that is, by default no chess engine is started. The default
value for ‘-timeDelay’ is changed to 0; that is, by default
XBoard immediately goes to the end of the game as played so far,
rather than stepping through the moves one by one. You can still set
these options to whatever values you prefer by supplying them on
CMail's command line. See Options.