Released Mar 25, 2021
Emacs 27.2 is a maintenance release.
- The behavior of the user option 'resize-mini-frames' has changed.
Released Aug 10, 2020
Emacs 27.1 has a wide variety of new features, including:
- Built-in support for arbitrary-size integers
- Text shaping with HarfBuzz
- Native support for JSON parsing
- Better support for Cairo drawing
- Portable dumping used instead of unexec
- Support for XDG conventions for init files
- Additional early-init initialization file
- Built-in support for tab bar and tab-line
- Support for resizing and rotating of images without ImageMagick
Released Aug 28, 2019
Emacs 26.3 is a maintenance release.
- New GPG key for GNU ELPA package signature checking.
Released Apr 12, 2019
Emacs 26.2 has a wide variety of new features, including:
- Emacs modules can now be built outside of the Emacs tree source.
- Emacs is now compliant with the latest version 11.0 of the Unicode
- In Dired, the 'Z' command on a directory name compresses all of its
Released May 28, 2018
Emacs 26.1 has a wide variety of new features, including:
- Limited form of concurrency with Lisp threads
- Support for optional display of line numbers in the buffer
- Emacs now uses double buffering to reduce flicker on the X Window System
- Flymake has been completely redesigned
- TRAMP has a new connection method for Google Drive
- New single-line horizontal scrolling mode
- A systemd user unit file is provided
- Support for 24-bit colors on capable text terminals
See also dates of older releases.