1.3 The Aims of this Package
- Emulate EDT Keypad Mode commands closely so that current EDT users will
find that it easy and comfortable to use Emacs with a small learning
- Make it easy for a user to customize EDT emulation key bindings without
knowing much about Emacs Lisp.
- Make it easy to switch between the original EDT default bindings and the
user’s customized EDT bindings, without having to exit Emacs.
- Provide support for some TPU/EVE functions not supported in EDT.
- Provide an easy way to restore all original Emacs key bindings,
just as they existed before the EDT emulation was first invoked.
- Supports highlighting of marked text within the EDT emulation on all
platforms on which Emacs supports highlighting of marked text.
- Handle terminal configuration interactively for most terminal
configurations, when the emulation is invoked for the first time.
- Support a PC AT keyboard under MS-DOS.