15.10.1 Packages that Org cooperates with
- calc.el by Dave Gillespie
- Org uses the Calc package for tables to implement spreadsheet functionality
(see The spreadsheet). Org also uses Calc for embedded calculations.
See Embedded Mode.
- constants.el by Carsten Dominik
- Org can use names for constants in formulas in tables. Org can also use
calculation suffixes for units, such as ‘M’ for ‘Mega’. For a
standard collection of such constants, install the constants package.
Install version 2.0 of this package, available at
https://staff.fnwi.uva.nl/c.dominik/Tools/. Org checks if the function
constants-get has been autoloaded. Installation instructions are in
the file, constants.el.
- cdlatex.el by Carsten Dominik
- Org mode can use CDLaTeX package to efficiently enter LaTeX fragments
into Org files (see CDLaTeX mode).
- imenu.el by Ake Stenhoff and Lars Lindberg
- Imenu creates dynamic menus based on an index of items in a file. Org mode
supports Imenu menus. Enable it with a mode hook as follows:
(lambda () (imenu-add-to-menubar "Imenu")))
By default the Imenu index is two levels deep. Change the index depth using
- speedbar.el by Eric M. Ludlam
- Speedbar package creates a special Emacs frame for displaying files and index
items in files. Org mode supports Speedbar; users can drill into Org files
directly from the Speedbar. The < in the Speedbar frame tweaks the
agenda commands to that file or to a subtree.
- table.el by Takaaki Ota
Complex ASCII tables with automatic line wrapping, column- and row-spanning,
and alignment can be created using the Emacs table package by Takaaki Ota.
Org mode recognizes such tables and export them properly. C-c ' to
edit these tables in a special buffer, much like Org's ‘src’ code
blocks. Because of interference with other Org mode functionality, Takaaki
Ota tables cannot be edited directly in the Org buffer.
- C-c ' (
Edit a table.el table. Works when the cursor is in a table.el table.
- C-c ~ (
Insert a table.el table. If there is already a table at point, this
command converts it between the table.el format and the Org mode
format. See the documentation string of the command