8.2.2 Custom time format
Org mode uses the standard ISO notation for dates and times as it is
defined in ISO 8601. If you cannot get used to this and require
another representation of date and time to keep you happy, you can get
it by customizing the variables
- C-c C-x C-t (
Toggle the display of custom formats for dates and times.
Org mode needs the default format for scanning, so the custom
date/time format does not replace the default format. Instead, it
is put over the default format using text properties. This has the
- You cannot place point onto a timestamp anymore, only before or
- The S-UP and S-DOWN keys can no longer be used
to adjust each component of a timestamp. If point is at the
beginning of the stamp, S-UP and S-DOWN change
the stamp by one day, just like S-LEFT
S-RIGHT. At the end of the stamp, change the time by one
- If the timestamp contains a range of clock times or a repeater,
these are not overlaid, but remain in the buffer as they were.
- When you delete a timestamp character-by-character, it only
disappears from the buffer after all (invisible) characters
belonging to the ISO timestamp have been removed.
- If the custom timestamp format is longer than the default and you
are using dates in tables, table alignment will be messed up. If
the custom format is shorter, things do work as expected.