Using This Book
This Web page has the following chapters and appendices:
- Contributing describes how to start contributing to
- Using Git introduces the Git distributed source code
- Configuring git describes some initial set-up you need to do
before using Git seriously.
- Development without commit access gets into the meat of the
development workflow, describing how to work if you don’t have
commit access to the Savannah repository.
- Development with commit access continues the discussion,
covering what’s different when you can commit directly to the
- General practices describes general development
practices used by the
gawk development team.
- Repo Maintenance presents several different things
you need to know about to keep your repo in good shape.
- Development Stuff describes some important points you
should be familiar with in order to participate in
development and presents some tools that may make your work easier.
- Cheat Sheet provides a short “cheat sheet” summarizing
all the Git commands referenced in this Web page.
- Resources provides a few pointers to Internet
resources for learning more about Git.