GCL 2.6.6 RELEASE NOTES
Greetings! The GCL team is happy to announce the release of version
2.6.6, the latest achievement in the 'stable' (as opposed to
'development') series. Please see http://www.gnu.org/software/gcl for
This release is a minor modification of 2.6.5,
incorporating the known bug fixes that had accumulated on the GCL
errata page together with a few other fixes required for building axiom
on Windows. From the changelog:
For the latest information, capabilities, and status of GCL stable, please see the 2.6.2 release notes here
- Allow .data section to be first in executable, as on solaris. Also
allow for new bfd section size semantics
- Don't try to write map file when not using GNU ld. Also allow
compile-file to process pathnames with whitespace on Windows
- Fix corner case fixnum arithmetic on 64bit machines
- Rework gmp_wrappers semantics for older gcc
- Explicitly mprotect loaded code pages PROT_EXEC on x86 Linux, as FC3
now requires it.
- lisp-implementation-version is GCL
- Reader extension patch allowing for foo::(bar foobar) semantics
- a shell script variable fix in "unixport/makefile" for MSYS
- __MINGW32__ malloc initialization fix in "o/alloc.c"
- Windows file/directory fixes in "o/unixfsys.c"
- MinGW32 -march in configure - removes deprecation warnings
- MinGW32 directory fix - "o/mingfile.c".
- Allow for sysconf to determine clock granularity at compile time to
fix time errors on the Itanium
- Disable SGC on macosx until the sgc/save problem can be fixed.
- Fix fixnum print bug on 64bit
- Fix nil types in room report
- 64bit fixes to fixnum_add and fixnum_sub
- Fix Mac SGC/save bug, at least in part