3.7 Documenting the text styling support
To make the text styling support available to the end user of your
package, the following need to be documented:
- The command-line options. This typically needs to be done in several
places: in the ‘--help’ output, in the
man pages (if present),
and in the documentation.
- Which programs support ‘--color=test’?
- The list of CSS classes and their meaning. This is necessary, so that
the user can create their own style file; the CSS classes are part of the
selectors in the CSS rules.
- The location of the default style file. This is a convenience, so that
the user, when creating their own style file, can start from the default
- The environment variable, called
that, when set to a non-empty value, specifies the style file to use.