Re: Current Gnats 4 CVS broken on Solaris

> At 16:37 27.05.2001 +0200, Milan Zamazal wrote:
>> Well, it should be fixed now, with respect to the recent time zone
>> discussion.  Please let me know whether it works now.
>
> Sorry, but it seems the configure check for %z support isn't working
> right. From the configure output, I can see that it detects support for
> %z on my Solaris 7 system, even though Solaris 7 doesn't support it. If
> I go on to build and install GNATS, I see exactly the same problems
> that I reported in my original message.

	Yes, the configure check is broken -- it fails to detect missing %z
support on MacOS X as well.  I'm not sure what the check is currently
doing, but it should probably check that a strftime() with a format of
"%z" results in the first character being '-' or '+'.

	-Carl Lindberg