Gnulib module: pthread_sigmask
Portability problems fixed by Gnulib:
- This function is missing on some platforms:
Minix 3.1.8, mingw, MSVC 14.
- This function is declared in
<pthread.h> instead of
on some platforms:
FreeBSD 6.4, OpenBSD 3.8.
- This function does nothing and always returns 0 in programs that are not
-lpthread on some platforms:
FreeBSD 13.0, MidnightBSD 1.1, HP-UX 11.31, Solaris 9.
- When it fails, this functions returns -1 instead of the error number on
- This function does not immediately raise signals that were pending before
the call and unblocked by the call on some platforms:
Portability problems not fixed by Gnulib:
- On platforms that do not natively support this function,
it has unspecified behavior in a multi-threaded process.
- This function may not fail when the first argument is invalid on some platforms: