||GNU Mailman - Installation Manual
For more detailed information about using Mailman, including creating and
configuring mailing lists, see the Mailman List Adminstration Manual. These
instructions provide a quick guide to creating your first mailing list via the
- Start by visiting the url
- Fill out the form as described in the on-screen instructions, and in the
``List creator's password'' field, type the password you entered in
section 7. Type your own email address for the
``Initial list owner address'', and select ``Yes'' to notify the list
- Click on the ``Create List'' button.
- Check your email for a message from Mailman informing you that your new
mailing list was created.
- Now visit the list's administration page, either by following the link
on the confirmation web page or clicking on the link from the email
Mailman just sent you. Typically the url will be something like
- Type in the list's password and click on ``Let me in...''
- Click on ``Membership Management'' and then on ``Mass Subscription''.
- Enter your email address in the big text field, and click on ``Submit
- Now go to your email and send a message to
Within a minute or two you should see your message reflected back to you
Congratulations! You've just set up and tested your first Mailman mailing
list. If you had any problems along the way, please see the
Release 2.1, documentation updated on February 26, 2019.