Gnulib module: chown
Portability problems fixed by Gnulib:
- Some platforms fail to detect trailing slash on non-directories, as in
FreeBSD 7.2, AIX 7.1, Solaris 9.
- Some platforms fail to update the change time when at least one
argument was not -1, but no ownership changes resulted:
- When passed an argument of -1, some implementations really set the owner
user/group id of the file to this value, rather than leaving that id of the
- When applied to a symbolic link, some implementations don’t dereference
the symlink, i.e. they behave like
- This function is missing on some platforms; however, the replacement
always fails with
mingw, MSVC 9.
Portability problems not fixed by Gnulib: