Gnulib module: execvpe
Portability problems fixed by Gnulib:
- This function is missing on many non-glibc platforms:
glibc 2.10, macOS 11.1, FreeBSD 13.0, NetBSD 7.1, OpenBSD 3.8, Minix 3.1.8, AIX 5.1, HP-UX 11, IRIX 6.5, Solaris 11.3, Cygwin 1.5.x, mingw, Android 4.4.
- This function is not declared on some platforms:
- On Windows platforms (excluding Cygwin), this function does not pass
command-line arguments correctly if they contain space, tab, backslash,
or double-quote characters.
- On Windows platforms (excluding Cygwin), this function spawns an asynchronous
child process and then exits the current process immediately. As a
consequence, the parent of the current process 1. may incorrectly proceed
as if its child had exited, and 2. will never see the child’s exit status.
- On Windows platforms (excluding Cygwin), the return type of this function is
Portability problems not fixed by Gnulib: