Gnulib module: mbrtowc
Portability problems fixed by Gnulib:
- This function is missing on some platforms:
Minix 3.1.8, HP-UX 11.00, IRIX 6.5, Solaris 2.6, mingw, Interix 3.5.
- This function does not put the state into non-initial state when parsing an
incomplete multibyte character on some platforms:
AIX 5.1, OSF/1 5.1.
- This function does not produce correct results in the zh_CN.GB18030 locale on
- This function fails if the
pwc argument is NULL on some platforms:
- This function does not ignore the
pwc argument if the string argument is
NULL on some platforms:
- This function returns the total number of bytes that make up the multibyte
character, not the number of bytes that were needed to complete the multibyte
character, on some platforms:
HP-UX 11.11, Solaris 11 2010-11, mingw, possibly MSVC 9.
- This function may not return 0 when parsing the NUL character on some platforms:
Portability problems not fixed by Gnulib:
- On AIX and Windows platforms,
wchar_t is a 16-bit type and therefore cannot
accommodate all Unicode characters.