Gnulib module: —
Portability problems fixed by Gnulib:
Portability problems not fixed by Gnulib:
%m directive is not portable, use
%s mapped to an
strerror(errno) (or a version of
- This function is missing on some platforms:
NetBSD 3.0, OpenBSD 3.8, Minix 3.1.8, HP-UX 11.00, IRIX 6.5, Solaris 2.6, Cygwin 1.5.x, Interix 3.5, BeOS.
- This function has a different signature on some platforms:
- This function is only defined as a macro on some platforms:
- This function does not support the ‘n’ directive on some platforms:
- On AIX and Windows platforms,
wchar_t is a 16-bit type and therefore cannot
accommodate all Unicode characters.
- On Windows, this function does not take a buffer size as second argument.
- When formatting an integer with grouping flag, this function inserts thousands
separators even in the "C" locale on some platforms: