GNU Astronomy Utilities
22.214.171.124 MakeProfiles log file
Besides the final merged dataset of all the profiles, or the individual datasets (see MakeProfiles output dataset), if the --log option is called MakeProfiles will also create a log file in the current directory (where you run MockProfiles).
See Common options for a full description of --log and other options that are shared between all Gnuastro programs.
The values for each column are explained in the first few commented lines of the log file (starting with
Here is a more complete description.
- An ID (row number of profile in input catalog).
- The total magnitude of the profile in the output dataset.
When the profile does not completely overlap with the output dataset, this will be different from your input magnitude.
- The number of pixels (in the oversampled image) which used Monte Carlo integration and not the central pixel value, see Sampling from a function.
- The fraction of flux in the Monte Carlo integrated pixels.
- If an individual image was created, this column will have a value of
1, otherwise it will have a value of
Read in other formats.
GNU Astronomy Utilities 0.19 manual, October 2022.