220.127.116.11 Quassia Gnus
New features in Gnus 5.6:
- New functionality for using Gnus as an offline newsreader has been
added. A plethora of new commands and modes have been added.
See Gnus Unplugged, for the full story.
nndraft back end has returned, but works differently than
before. All Message buffers are now also articles in the
group, which is created automatically.
gnus-alter-header-function can now be used to alter header
gnus-summary-goto-article now accept Message-IDs.
- A new Message command for deleting text in the body of a message
outside the region: C-c C-v.
- You can now post to component group in
nnvirtual groups with
C-u C-c C-c.
nntp-rlogin-program—new variable to ease customization.
C-u C-c C-c in
gnus-article-edit-mode will now inhibit
re-highlighting of the article buffer.
- New element in
- M-i symbolic prefix command. See Symbolic Prefixes, for
- L and I in the summary buffer now take the symbolic prefix
a to add the score rule to the all.SCORE file.
gnus-simplify-subject-functions variable to allow greater
control over simplification.
- A T—new command for fetching the current thread.
- / T—new command for including the current thread in the
- M-RET is a new Message command for breaking cited text.
- ‘\\1’-expressions are now valid in
custom-face-lookup function has been removed.
If you used this function in your initialization files, you must
rewrite them to use
- Canceling now uses the current select method. Symbolic prefix
a forces normal posting method.
- New command to translate M******** sm*rtq**t*s into proper
- For easier debugging of
nntp, you can set
nntp-record-commands to a non-
nntp now uses ~/.authinfo, a .netrc-like file, for
controlling where and how to send AUTHINFO to NNTP servers.
- A command for editing group parameters from the summary buffer
has been added.
- A history of where mails have been split is available.
- A new article date command has been added—
- Subjects can be simplified when threading by setting
- A new function for citing in Message has been
article-strip-all-blank-lines—new article command.
- A new Message command to kill to the end of the article has
- A minimum adaptive score can be specified by using the
- The “lapsed date” article header can be kept continually
updated by the
- Web listserv archives can be read with the
nnlistserv back end.
- Old dejanews archives can now be read by