8sync (pronounced "eight-sync") is an asynchronous programming library for GNU Guile. Based on the actor model, it makes use of delimited continuations to avoid a mess of callbacks resulting in clean, easy to read non-blocking code.
8sync also aims to be batteries included. Ever wanted to make your own IRC bot? Here's a real example taken straight from the tutorial.
Watch 8sync in action through live hacking a multiplayer game! Or watch the FOSDEM edition of this talk!
- 8sync 0.4.2 "FOSDEM Edition" released, plus videos!Sat 18 March 2017
- guile-8sync now available in Guix!Mon 09 January 2017
- 8sync 0.4.1 bugfix releasedSun 08 January 2017
- 8sync 0.4 releasedSun 08 January 2017
- 8sync and Fibers, together at last!Sun 08 January 2017
- 8sync 0.3 releasedMon 19 December 2016
- 8sync 0.2 released, and the future of 8syncMon 05 December 2016
- 8sync participates in the Lisp Game Jam with MudsyncWed 11 May 2016
- 8sync 0.1 releasedFri 22 April 2016
- (display "Hello, World!")Tue 12 April 2016